What is the #1 differentiator between a highly successful dealer and those that are struggling and slow to grow?
Effective Sales Leadership
- No written sales strategy or sharing of vision.
- No real quota system or clearly defined goals and objectives.
- Limited one-on-one time or field activity.
- No regular meetings for feedback.
- No developmental plan for improvement of skills, attitude and competency.
- Limits your ability to get sustainable results. You are seen as their friend rather than their boss.
- Sales reps typically don’t have quotas, clearly defined sales objectives and aren’t held accountable.
- Therefore they tend to be complacent, not concerned or threatened about their job security.
- You are nice to those that are working hard.
- Often avoid crucial conversations.
- This raises your ability to manage effectively, because you have progressed beyond the MIA and the Nice Guy.
- Your management system and sales process is defined and predictable. The sales reps are clear on what is expected and they are held accountable.